Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Clearly Vintage 187





These images are from the Dennison booklet from 1925 as well.  I just love the the details.  It is hard to believe that people made such intricate costumes out of crepe paper.   The booklets include directions but the time involved for a disposable costume seems silly.

8 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

These are just fantastic! Can you even image making such costumes out of crepe paper??

plaisanter said...

These are terrific costumes, thank you very much!

Shelly said...

Awesome!!! Thanks so much.

Singapore Stamps said...

This is fantastic. I thought it was about postage stamps when I first visited this blog. Clearly I was wrong and it is something to do with paper and ink i guess...

Karolina Falkiewicz CannonCat said...

i think You willl like my family :)
http://cannon-cat.blogspot.com/2011/09/dawno-temu2.html
and others from my collection:)
http://cannon-cat.blogspot.com/2011/09/dawno-temu.html

Dennis said...

Where do you find the fabulous pictures and prints?

fashion jewelry said...

Wow, they are really fantastic. thanks so much for sharing.

Lisa Coleman said...

I am very grateful for your posting the vintage postcards. I find them endlessly entertaining and have to say that I used part of one in a Christmas card. https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=2659858628164&set=a.1103325115799.16082.1606860411&type=1&theater

Not sure if you can get to it from the link, but I used the wings from a valentine postcard you posted.

I also plan on using one on an altered domino pendant. Thanks again!